Q: I have a 2010 ford explorer xls. It turns on but doesnt start or crank.

asked by on July 10, 2017

I have a 2010 ford explorer xls. It turns on but doesnt start or crank. The alarm light flashea rapidly when i turn the key.

Hi there. If the security light is flashing when trying to start the vehicle then most of the time this is the result of a failure in the key recognition circuit. It is either the receiver not picking up the key, or the key itself may be bad. I would usually make sure that the battery in the vehicle is good and then try a different key if you have one. If not then the circuit needs to be tested to identify what needs to be done. You should get a certified mechanic to take a look at the vehicle to [diagnose why it will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection