Q: Vehicle stalls when I drive over bumps

Why does my jeep stall when I go over speed bumps? I've taken it to a mechanic several times and he just can't find the problem. Can you help me?

A: When an engine stalls, it is usually due to...

When an engine stalls, it is usually due to lack of one or two things: Either the ignition system temporarily quit working properly, or the fuel system temporarily quit working properly. It is also possible that you may have an electrical issue.

I would strongly recommend taking your vehicle to get a second opinion. YourMechanic offers mobile mechanic services to car owners just like you. If you don't have time to take your vehicle to the shop to have it looked at, they may be able to help. This would consist of a full inspection of your Jeep's stalling condition, including the ignition and fuel systems, as well as some of the basic electronic components of the engine. After this inspection has been completed, the diagnostic path will be more clear.