Q: Want to know what this check engine code 190302 mean

asked by on March 07, 2018

Want to know what this check engine code 190302 means

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This code relates to a fuel tank ventilation/purge system leak. Three years ago, BMW issued a Technical Service Bulletin - TSB that documents a common cause of the code, namely a defective pressure switch. While other faults can cause the code, the switch which was the focus of the TSB should be evaluated early in the diagnostic. With the TSB in hand, you can first ask a BMW dealer if the repair is relevant in your case (the switch can be tested readily) and if relevant, are they willing to cover the repair as a goodwill gesture as some failures documented in TSB’s are repaired by car manufacturers as if the vehicle was still under warranty. If they are not willing to do that, a YourMechanic professional can evaluate the code, find the cause of the fault and if it is the part identified in the TSB make the repair. If the fault lies elsewhere in the fuel tank ventilation system, obviously a different repair would be required and the mechanic would handle that as well. If you desire a repair, simply request a check engine light diagnostic and the mechanic will resolve this, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.