Q: 2010 Dodge Journey shakes in gear during idle

In gear at idle speed my Journey shakes then about 10 mph sometimes there is a knock. What is causing this?

Hi Margarito. In most cases, when your car is vibrating at idle or slow speeds while in gear, it’s caused by a vacuum leak, loose motor mounts or in some instances, a worn out CV joint on the front end. Due to the fact that there are multiple possible components that are causing your symptoms, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is vibrating inspection.

3. 2010 Dodge Journey shakes in gear during idle