Q: Car making whining noise

I hear a whining sound when turning on my car. We removed the accessory drive belt, and the noise went away. Could this mean it's a bearing in the accessory drive system, most likely the belt tensioner?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You likely either have a belt tensioner pulley noise or a power steering noise (based upon experience). Either choices are common, but the car should be properly diagnosed before replacing parts and wasting money. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you in diagnosis and repair.