Q: 2011 Jeep Patriot running rough

Me and my wife own a 2011 Jeep Patriot and it's running pretty rough. It skips a lot more driving down the road. Is there any chance it's just a fuel pump or something? It does it if we drive automatic or standard.

There are a lot of things that can do that. It’s a Jeep. The first thing I would advise you to do is to have a mechanic like myself, or the guys from YourMechanic.com, come and analyze it, put on a dealer-level scan tool and analyze it to see what kind of data is coming out.

The fuel pump can easily be pressure tested by a mechanic to see if the pressure is weak. Maybe the fuel pump is getting weak. It could be lots of things on Jeep. They have a lot of computer problems, wiring problems and it takes a pro to figure that out. But, have the fuel pump pressure tested first. Of course, take the spark plugs and see if they need a tune up. I hope it’s not something big like a computer or a wiring problem, but it often is on a Jeep, especially for that year. If you would like to have this verified, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why your car is running rough.

3. 2011 Jeep Patriot running rough