Q: When I parked my car, I heard a loud fan noise. When I came back from work after about 10 hours, the car was completed dead.

I parked my car after driving about 15 miles. There were no issues or warning lights on. I heard a loud noise which sounds like a fan when I got out of the car. I didn’t think much of it. When I came back after about 10 hours, my car didn’t start. The door lock didn’t work and when I turned the key, nothing happened. When someone from AAA came and jump started the car, that fan noise came back right away but when I started the engine it stopped. I was able to get home but the AAA told me to get the fan noise checked. What could be the connection? Could I wait a few more days and get it check over the weekend or am I risking getting a dead car again?

Hi Ewelina. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It is quite possible that the noise you’re hearing is the radiator fan that is stuck open. This can occur when an electrical relay is damaged, but it can also be caused by an electrical short. It’s probably best to disconnect the battery cables until you can have a professional mechanic complete an electrical inspection and determine what repairs are needed.