Q: I have an 08 Nissan Xterra. There have now been a couple of times when while driving the vehicle at low speeds it shuts off

After changing the oil about a week ago, my vehicle shut off while stopped at a light and took a couple of turns but started back up leaving service light and vdc offand slip lights on. We read the code for service light and read and replace camshaft sensor. That light went away but, that same day the car shirt off after pulling out of a parking spot and driving toward 20 ft. We reset the VDC off and slip lights. So no more errors on the dash but last night while driving home at 30-35 mph the car shut off again while moving, threw it in neutral and after a couple cranks it started back up again. The car seems to drive fine otherwise no loss of power , no sounds no isssues shifting between gears. Checks oil levels, trany fluid and brake fluid all are fine. Once again no lights no codes.

What could be the problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons the vehicle may not start right away after stalling. Typically this is a sign that your engine is missing a critical component such as air, fuel, spark, or electrical power. With no diagnostic codes present, it may be that the component which has failed is not monitored by the computer. These may include the fuel pump, spark plugs, and alternator output. These components all need to be tested first, before looking at more complicated issues. Make sure that you have the correct fuel pressure available at the engine, that the spark plugs are receiving power, and that the battery cables are clean, dry, and tight. You may also want to have your battery and alternator tested, as electrical problems can often cause miscellaneous warning lights and stalling issues. Keep in mind, this testing needs to happen when the vehicle is experiencing the stalling and no-start symptoms. Otherwise you will not find the problem if it is intermittent. For more help with testing and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have an 08 Nissan Xterra. There have now been a couple of times when while driving the vehicle at low speeds it shuts off