Q: My engine oil has been drying up every 3 months and I can't seem to find any leaks. What could be causing the drying do fast?

I bought this used car 1 yr ago. I only drive my car to work and I would normally speed at 80mph in the freeway. I just changed my oil 5 months ago but now it's drying up again and it hasn't reached 7,000 miles yet. I don't see any leaks. What is causing the oil to dried up so fast?

A: All engines use a little oil over time. If ...

All engines use a little oil over time. If you are using less than a quart of oil for every 750 to 1000 miles with no leaks, then this is considered normal and no action is needed. You should keep oil full and keep track of usage so that you have oil changes at the correct times.