Q: I am losing compreshion on all my cylinders 2005 Dodge RAM 1500

im losing compression on all my cylinders its not smoking , and it will run but barely

Hi there - you don’t indicate your mileage, but low compression may be a normal result of a high mileage engine, or a problem due to abnormal wear. Oil breakdown can cause excessive piston ring wear. Extremely lean mixtures can burn valves, and problems with camshaft wear can result in poor compression, but these are relatively unusual causes. I would suggest a engine performance inspection to determine if your poor compression problem is related to rings, valves, or some other issue. This can be done by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I am losing compreshion on all my cylinders 2005 Dodge RAM 1500