Q: I hear a whooshing sound when I turn the steering wheel. If I make a sharp turn, I hear a grinding sound coming from the back. ???

When I turn the steering wheel, I hear a whooshing sound, almost like rubbing your hands together lightly. If I make a hard turn left or right where a fully turn the wheels, I hear a grinding sound coming from the back. I also hear a knocking coming from the back when I turn.

Hi there. In most cases, the rear knocking sound is caused by the driveshaft, drive axles, differential gears, transmission mount, or the rear struts. The sound you’re experiencing is very difficult to diagnose, but could be caused by the power steering shaft, or you power steering system being low on fluid. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection.

3. I hear a whooshing sound when I turn the steering wheel. If I make a sharp turn, I hear a grinding sound coming from the back. ???