Q: High fuel consumption

Hi i have mitsubishi l400 space gear it consumes 20 liter for every 120 km is it normal?

A: The Space Gear used both 4 cylinder (2.4L) ...

The Space Gear used both 4 cylinder (2.4L) and 6 cylinder (3.0L) engines and there was also an AWD (All Wheel Drive) version, not to mention diesel versions. Consequently, the curb weight of the various versions of the vehicle ranged widely from 1,690 kg to 2,170 kg.

As you know, mileage will vary depending on engine size and vehicle weight but also will vary by as much as 50% depending on whether you are operating the vehicle on city streets versus non stop steady speed on a highway.

You are getting only 6 km per liter (gasoline) which is on the low side particularly if you have the smaller 4 cylinder engine and are driving a mix of city and highway roadways. Even if you have the 6 cylinder with AWD, 6 km/liter is a little on the low side.

Consequently, you should evaluate all of the possible causes of low engine fuel efficiency including restricted exhaust, low tire pressure, dragging brakes, faulty oxygen sensors, faulty MAF sensor, ignition system faults (plugs, coil, wires), leaking fuel injectors, and so forth.

If YourMechanic services your city, a technician could perform a mobile diagnostic to determine the cause of your vehicle’s low fuel efficiency and make the necessary repairs to your car.