Q: Why does fuse 13 under the hood keep blowing out?

asked by on November 08, 2016

My car will not start. The 13 fuse keep blowing out to keep it from turning over. I've tried replacing fuses also unplugged 02 sensors which still keep it from staying on. I've also checked wires to make sure nothing was touching. What could be causing the fuse to keep blowing out?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The job of a fuse is to prevent electrical shorts or over voltage situations from damaging wiring or electronic components in the vehicle. If a fuse keeps blowing, there is an electrical short in that circuit that is applying too much or direct battery voltage. Direct battery voltage will damage wiring and components and if there is a short, a fire can possibly occur. The fuse is doing it’s job by preventing that. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your no start condition and figure out what is blowing that fuse in particular. Best of luck.