Q: Leaking oil out of the front..not from the blow by hose

asked by on December 21, 2016

When the engine is runnin it will accumulate a puddle of oil under neath the vehicle it's coming from somewhere in the front... It's not from the blow by it around the water pump

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 to leak puddles of oil while the engine is running. The most common causes are the oil pan gasket, front crankshaft seal, crankcase breather or valve cover gaskets. An oil leak this large needs immediate attention and the vehicle should not be driven until the oil leak has been resolved. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your oil leak issues and make any repairs required.