Q: Broken intake gasket

I have a 2001 Buick Regal. It has a 3.8 L V6 engine. It is unfortunately junk now because the intake gasket has gone out. What should I do? How difficult is it to replace the intake gasket?

Intake gasket replacement is an involved job, but it’s not such a huge task that it’s worth junking the car over. It calls for 4.6 hours of labor. If the car is otherwise in good shape, I would suggest having the intake gasket replaced. The team at YourMechanic can give you a quote and perform this task for you.