Q: Cooling fan staying on after washing engine

The cooling fan is staying on in my car after washing the engine. So I took the wire connections apart and then air dried them, then sprayed with CRC Lectra-Motive Electrical Parts Cleaner. It's still not functioning properly. What do you suggest?

Hello. Water may have gotten into a relay or the fuse box, which could be causing the fan to run or not work properly. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the cooling fan and the cooling fan electrical system in order to pinpoint the problem you are having. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.

3. Cooling fan staying on after washing engine