Q: Timing belt

I'm working on a 06 chrysler 300 3.5L. I lined up the cams and crank to the sprockets and for some reason I did not noticed after that one of the sprockets had moved counter clock wise about 4 - 6 tooths. I put the timing belt back on and started up the car. Car starts up fine but then the car loses power. I opened it back up and everything is not aligned. What should I do next? Should I just rotate everything to the sprockets?

A: Hi there. You need to slowly move each of t...

Hi there. You need to slowly move each of the sprockets into the correct position by hand. If you notice any binding then you need to stop so that nothing bends. Hopefully when you started it you didn't bend anything. Once you get it properly aligned I would do a compression test to make sure that nothing is bent. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this and service your timing belt as necessary.