Q: What precautions should be followed with the back door?

What precautions should be followed with the back door?

Your car is equipped with a back door that provides access to the cargo area. It can be opened with the handle and locked or unlocked with the key, the remote or the electronic key. However, there are several precautions that should be followed:

• Don’t drive with the back door open. It’s dangerous and can allow toxic exhaust fumes into the cabin.

• Always make sure the back door is closed before driving.

• No one should ever sit in the cargo area.

• Make sure there’s enough room before opening the back door.

• If the door isn’t fully open, it may close unexpectedly, injuring anyone in the way.

• Only one person at a time should use the rear step bumper. It’s load bearing, but it has limited strength.

3. What precautions should be followed with the back door?