Q: Heat Won't Blow at Floor

The heater will blow at the defrost/windshield and the dash vents, but not at the floor. So, if I set it to vents, it works fine. If I turn it to defrost, it's fine. But when I set it to just the floor or combination of vent/floor, or defrost/floor it doesn't come out the floor. I tried the recalibration approach found here but it didn't help:

http://sparkys-answers.com/2011/08/hvac-actuator-recalibration-procedure.html

I found some info elsewhere online suggesting maybe it's the "mode actuator", but not sure.

There is an actuator that controls the vent doors inside the system that open and close to direct air flow. When this is not working properly, this can improperly engage different vents intermittently or sometimes not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the issue with your heater and help you repair it as necessary.