My truck had no oil and. I. Put oil now it's reading zero...

Q: My truck had no oil and. I. Put oil now it's reading zero. Pressure can I drive home

asked by on June 11, 2017

There was no oil in truck it started to knock but I just put oil but reading zero pressure n I. Need to drive 200 miles should I drive it

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the oil is empty, then there is likely a severe oil leak and you are going to have more problems. Do not rely on the oil pressure gauge on your dash, as they are often false. You will want to hook up an exterior gauge to test the true oil pressure. It is not recommended that you drive the vehicle that far under those conditions. Find out if the oil pressure is really having problems, and if the fix the oil leak before you drive for 3 hours. For more help with the repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.