Q: Bad key or ignition switch

My car won't start. It is either from a bad ignition switch or the key has gone bad.

Hi, the car is still fairly new and it is rare for the ignition switch to fail so early. Does the security light on the dash light up and flash when trying to start the car? This would mean the cars computer isn’t able to match the key’s code to any known code in the system. If there is no security light, there may be an issue with the battery or starting system. Has the battery been changed yet? Car batteries tend to start failing right around the 5 year mark, so it is probably time for a new one. If the battery is still fairly new, you should have a certified technician help you diagnose why exactly your car isn’t starting.

3. Bad key or ignition switch