Q: I have a clicking noise that comes from the clutch area

asked by on May 23, 2017

When I push in the clutch the noise goes away, but when I let it out again it comes back

Loud noise when using the clutch Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This is probably not good news, but if you have a noise that you can change by stepping on the clutch pedal, then you likely have a problem in the clutch. A clicking that goes away when you step on the pedal probably means something has gotten loose in the pressure plate and when you step on the pedal it puts the mechanism under pressure and quiets things down. You probably will have to put a clutch in there eventually, it may yet have a lot of life in it but to keep from being stranded by a failure you should have it checked out. You can do that conveniently by contacting your mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your clutch and recommend a fix.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr