Q: Brake Spongy after Bleeding

The other day I was going down the road and my driver's side rear brake line gave up. It was spewing brake fluid as i pressed the pedal. I got home safely, got some parts to repair it, and fixed it. There is no leak anymore, but I am not sure about air in the system. I bled the brakes as good as I could from the lines because my bleeder valve is rusted. I am not sure but the brake light is still on on the dashboard, and the brakes still feel like I have no brakes. I have to drop my foot to the floor to even stop. I think I bled the system the best I could, and I am still clueless. Worse comes to worse I will have to take it into a shop and get then to diagnose/fix the problem because I have no clue what it is. I do not own a OBD II scan tool so I can not see what the sensor is imputing to keep the light on the dash on.

There is either air still in the brake lines or potentially a bigger problem at stake like a potential vacuum leak in the brake booster. Before diving into the brake booster, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your braking system and repair it.

3. Brake Spongy after Bleeding