Q: Is it normal to have 1/8 turn backlash on front drive shaft?

The drive shaft connecting the front differential and the transfer case has 1/8 turn backlash when truck is parked and shut off. Is this normal?

The driveshaft will have some slack when you turn it back and forth when the 4x4 is not engaged and the front hubs have not locked in. The 1/8 turn may be normal. If you have engagement problems for the front end or transfer case then contact a local mechanic to inspect and diagnose the problem for you.

3. Is it normal to have 1/8 turn backlash on front drive shaft?