Q: Air conditioning compressor tight; belt squeaks

The air conditioning compressor is tight, and I have a belt that squeaks.

Q: Does ac compressor regulate the heat disconnected compressor wire due to clicking sound now only 2 heaters in car blowdcold

The AC compressor is responsible for compressing the refrigerant in your air conditioning system. By compressing the refrigerant it increases the pressure that is in the air conditioning lines. When the pressure is increased there is more room for the...

Q: Suspect belt or pump bearing

I believe that you are on the right track. Either of these would in fact cause the noise you describe. I would recommend asking for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They can come to you and diagnose...

Q: What if the starter is not the problem?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I recommend you first get a definite diagnosis of the issue, just in case is isn't the starter. If the vehicle is diagnosed properly by the mechanic, then you will be charged for the...