Q: Air conditioning compressor tight; belt squeaks

asked by on February 01, 2016

The air conditioning compressor is tight, and I have a belt that squeaks.

Wire harness problem

Hello. Depending on which wiring harness it is, the source of the power needs to be checked. A continuity check of the wires also needs to be done to make sure there is no break in the harness. Electrical problems...

air conditioner not blowing air from dash vents, but blowing air from side vents

A few different items can cause the air to not blow out of the dash vents. The most common are a blend door or a control switch. The best method for the AC diagnosis feature can be found in the...

If an AC compressor is bad, what else should be replaced?

This all depends on if the compressor came apart and sent debris throughout the entire system. If so, either the system will need to be flushed out or all of the components will need to be replaced. The next issue...

Car runs rough in drive but run smooth in neutral

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty MAP sensor as the car responds to putting it in gear or otherwise putting the motor under load. The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor senses engine load and generates a...

Engine stalls under braking

What you are describing sounds like possibly a faulty MAP sensor as the vehicle responds adversely to a load put on the motor (i.e. putting it in gear, turning on AC or engaging the brakes). The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)...

How do I use shuffle mode?

Activating shuffle mode couldn’t be easier. Simply press the SET/RND button while you’re listening to a CD, and the CD player will automatically enter shuffle mode.

I broke down yesterday and the engine will crank and back fires but will not run 1993 Dodge Dakota

Hello. I would typically start by doing a compression test of the engine. If the compression is low then there is a timing chain issue. If the compression is fine then you may have an issue with the ignition timing...

Dual cooling fans issue

The cooling fan motors should both come on together. The cooling fan controller will control the speeds of the fans with input from the engine control module. Your fans are controlled by the fan controller on the fan motors and...

Dodge Ram 1500 won't go over 20 miles it's a 2007

Hi Lisa. Without knowing specifics about what may have occurred prior to your truck only going 20 mph, it's hard to give you accurate advice. It's possible that your truck may have a transmission issue, which typically triggers a limp...