Q: My car rattles when I start it up but stops after that

asked by on May 13, 2017

My car just had its starter motor replaced . This is the third time in 8 years. Now when it starts up it rattles. But once on its way its fine. I have put thousands of dollars in this car because i am unable to buy a new one. The mechanic then said along with the starter motor which i did replace. They said i needed a radiator and a timing belt and water pump. I replaced the water pump and timing belt 41,000 miles ago at 100,000 as suggested. I said no thanks but only replaced the starter motor. But now it rattles when first started.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the noise started immediately after your new starter was installed, the noise may relate to the installation and/or the starter might be defective. Normally, the supplier warrants the part, and labor, so you should check to see if there is a covered failure involved in this incident. If it turns out that the starter is not the origin of the noise, simply request a vehicle engine noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the origin of the noise and let you know of the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.