Q: Car makes a weird sound and doesn't move fast during cold start. 2006 Acura TL

On a cold start, engine makes a rattle sound when you accelerate. Gets louder with more rpms. Also when driving and it's not warm, when giving a lot of acceleration the car won't go fast and the rpms will just rise, as if in neutral but the car is in drive. It'll only move if you press the gast slightly.

Hi there - many manufacturers program the transmission to hold 1st gear longer when ambient temperatures are very low. This allows the engine to warm up faster, making your heater work more quickly. It also revs the engine more when cold, and any rattles or other noises are amplified while this occurs. If the transmission shifts normally once the engine has warmed up, I would not worry about this. If that is not the case, have the the transmission inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car makes a weird sound and doesn't move fast during cold start. 2006 Acura TL