Q: Slow acceleration with loud full body vibrations 2005 Ford Focus

asked by on December 18, 2016

So as I accelerate from a stop the car starts to vibrate really loudly and accelerate slowly. Once I get up above 35 to 40 miles an hours the noise quiets down and the vibrations smooth out.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - it is quite likely that one or both the axles/CV joint assemblies on your Focus are worn out. Loose motion from wear in the CV joints causes a distorted motion of the axle, and vibration as your are experiencing. I would recommend a driveline vibration inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr