Q: Slow acceleration with loud full body vibrations 2005 Ford Focus

asked by on December 18, 2016

So as I accelerate from a stop the car starts to vibrate really loudly and accelerate slowly. Once I get up above 35 to 40 miles an hours the noise quiets down and the vibrations smooth out.

Hello - it is quite likely that one or both the axles/CV joint assemblies on your Focus are worn out. Loose motion from wear in the CV joints causes a distorted motion of the axle, and vibration as your are experiencing. I would recommend a driveline vibration inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.