Q: Stalling while driving

My Sprinter has 313K on it and the battery light has been coming on recently for 2 to 7 seconds and then turns off. I have a 2n alternator but something appears to be different. The radio will go out for a split second and then come back on. Sometimes the truck will flat line - every light on my dashboard will come on then go into limp mode. This has been happening for a few years, but it’s now getting worse. So I’ll turn off the engine and wait for a click from the dashboard then restart the engine and everything is OK. When this happens while driving I'll put it in neutral and restart the car after the click. It doesn’t ever do this while idling. It only happens while driving. Do you know what might be wrong?

Sounds like a bad ground connection between the engine/alternator and the chassis. Have a professional mechanic check/clean these connections, and check for other issues like a loose wire in the power distribution circuitry. The car has a fair amount of mileage on it, so there may be a few possible causes for this issue. If you need help having the problem scoped out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem to have this issue repaired.