Q: Whooshing sound from rear brakes

While driving, I get a whooshing sound from the brakes, but it stops when brakes are applied

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to offer my insight. If the brakes are dragging when you let of the brakes, then you may have binding caliper slides or pads binding in the caliper bracket. I’d recommend having the brakes inspected to look for one or more pads that are worn more than the others and then repair as needed.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed, or replace the brake calipers.