Q: Car jerking upon acceleration, sluggish engine

My car has gone around 170,000 miles. When I apply the gas pedal, the car starts jerking and sputtering. I regularly change the oil. I had all spark plugs replaced. Also, I changed the rotor and cap. After that, I had no issues with the car for a couple of months. However, the same problems are happening again. When I try to give it gas, the engine loses power and occasionally jerks. If I go uphill from being at a stop, it gets even harder to drive it. The car runs okay after it gathered some speed. What should I do?

You will need to have the ignition and fuel systems checked. The fuel pump and filter should be checked for correct pressure and flow due to clogged filter or pump pressure. The ignition should be checked to see if the coils are putting out enough spark or the spark is weak. If the spark is weak or the wires are arching to ground, then it can misfire and jerk. I recommend having these systems checked in order to diagnose and service the jerking issue.