Q: The power steering is out in my 2013 Dodge Ram 1500. Can I drive it ?

Power steering light came on and no issues before. Suddenly no power steering when I went to start it Truck is at my son's 50 miles away and wondering if it's safe to drive back home for service

A: This is a known issue in the 2013 Dodge Ram...

This is a known issue in the 2013 Dodge Rams and is generally covered under warranty. As you know, your power steering is electronic and is controlled by a module that has been known to fail in this year Dodge Ram. I would recommend taking the truck to the dealership to have it looked at as it is most likely covered under warranty. In the meantime, you may want to avoid driving it other than when absolutely necessary for short distances around town due to the risk of the power steering failing on you completely. This could be dangerous when traveling at a high speed on the freeway.