Q: Map lights does not turn on when doors are closed, but work when the door is open.

Map lights works only when the doors are open but does not work if the doors are closed. Switch has been adjusted but still does not seem to work properly.

This is an electrical problem that is resolved using what is referred to as a "circuit trace". A circuit trace pinpoints the wiring (or component) fault that accounts for the misoperation. If you have the factory wiring diagram in hand, you can perform this trace yourself with a simple volt ohmmeter but if you want it done by a Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Map lights does not turn on when doors are closed, but work when the door is open.