Q: Car dies when slowing down

The Check Engine light comes on while the car is running and when the car slows down, the engine dies. The car starts right up in neutral, and runs as long as the car is driving at normal speed, but as soon as you reduce the speed it dies.

A stalling while driving issue can be caused by multiple problems dealing with one or more of the following issues: lack of air flow to the motor (which could be caused by a blockage in the intake system), lack of fuel from a failing fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter, clogged fuel injectors, lack of sufficient spark from failing ignition coils or worn spark plugs, or mechanical failure of internal engine parts or timing issues. I would have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and inspect your vehicle’s stalling issues.