Q: 2012 Chevy Cruze won’t start crank but won’t start jumped the started and it started right up

My car was in an accident where the flip key broke but I would jus push the two broken pieces together n it would start but I tried it the other day and it wouldn’t start so I assumed the starter was bad so I jumped the starter n it started right up but still won’t start with the key what could be the problem?

Hi Dominic. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Since your ignition switch was damaged, you should probably replace this first, as not only is this the likely source of your problem, but it represents an electrical safety issue and maybe a fire hazard. That’s the only advice we can offer you at this point.

3. 2012 Chevy Cruze won’t start crank but won’t start jumped the started and it started right up