Q: What should I know about the Power Steering system?

What should I know about the Power Steering system?

Like all other modern cars, your Fusion has a Power Steering system that assists with turning the steering wheel. However, depending on the engine in your car, you’ll have one of two possible systems.

2.5-Liter and 3.0 Liter Engines: If you have the 2.5-liter or 3.0-liter engine, your car has an Electronic Power Steering system. This system is completely electronic and there is no fluid used (which means no reservoir under the hood). If the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) light turns on in the dash and stays on, have the system inspected.

3.5-Liter Engines: If your car has a 3.5-liter engine, then you have a conventional Hydraulic Power Steering system. You’ll need to check the fluid reservoir under the hood periodically to make sure the fluid level is correct. Open the hood, locate the reservoir and make sure that the fluid is between the minimum and maximum lines. If it’s low, have your car inspected for leaks.

Tips

• Don’t drive the car if your fluid level is below the minimum mark.

• If you see an error warning in the message center concerning the EPS, have the car inspected immediately.

3. What should I know about the Power Steering system?