Q: Possible to do alignment with rack leak?

I just want to know if it is possible to properly align my truck even though there are busted seals or otherwise a rack and pinion assembly which is leaking power steering fluid. There doesn't seem to be any troubles with functionality, just a leak. I found out about the leak today, but have been needing to top off the fluid about every three months or so. I was told that it would need to be replaced before an alignment could be done by NTB, and this was after they told me that they couldn't do the alignment because my wheel base was too long for whatever equipment they use to align vehicles. It's a standard length crew cab truck with a 5ft 7in bed. I felt like they pointed out the leak as a way of saying, "See, we couldn't do it anyway". Even though they never actually offered to replace the part. I just found the whole scenario strange. Especially considering that they were trying to tell me that they have equipment that won't work on half the vehicles on the road here in TX

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. The power ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The power steering leak should not have anything to do with the vehicle's ability to be aligned properly. However, with that being said, I would not recommend driving the truck much longer with the leak as the longer the leak continues, the more wear and damage is done to the pump. If you'd like, have one of our certified automotive technicians come to your home or office to inspect the leak for you and repair it.