Q: My honda accord 2001 turns off when i put car on gear battery dies

asked by on September 05, 2017

My car turns off when i put on gear, the battery dies

Hi Jeffry. Thanks for writing in tonight. Most of the time, when your car shuts off when you shift into drive, it’s due to an internal problem with the transmission - possibly due to a valve body or leaking internal seal. When the transmission leaks pressure internally, and when you put it in drive, the transmission is trying to go into reverse and drive at the same time causing the transmission to stall the engine. It’s also possible that the problem is due to excessive carbon deposits on fuel system components like the throttle body or fuel injectors.