Q: collision sensor goes off

My truck started having issues when the Collision Sensor went off. It happened when I was driving down the road doing 25 to 50 mph. When the sensor would go off I could feel the break at the same time. I was only driving, not breaking, not turning only driving. The GMC dealer cannot find anything wrong. So I brought it back home. Then 3 days later it happened again. Can you please help me figure out what the problem is? Thanks.

Hello. It sounds like there may be an intermittent problem with the collision sensor. Keep in mind that intermittent problems are some of the most difficult to diagnose. When the sensor has an intermittent problem, it may cause the truck to slow down on its own when it shouldn’t. If your truck is still under warranty, it is best to take it back as soon as possible every time this happens so that they can see what is wrong with the car at the time it happens. It will be easier for them to make a determination because it is an intermittent problem.

3. collision sensor goes off