Q: My car burns a quart of oil every 50 miles and gives off white smoke

Continue to have to add oil,loss of power, no overheating, heavy white smoke

Hello, you have major internal wear of the engine. White smoke is a sign of anti-freeze being burnt in the combustion chamber this could be a head gasket failure and will cause overheating condition. The loss of oil is wear either with the piston rings or valve seals. When antifreeze and oil enter the combustion chamber of engine, a loss of power is created.

I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect the low oil and overheating issues.

3. My car burns a quart of oil every 50 miles and gives off white smoke