Q: I have OBD codes P0025 and P0015

I have OBD codes P0025 and P0015

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to provide you some insight on these trouble codes.

Code P0025 relates to the camshaft position sensor detecting that exhaust camshaft is in an incorrect position. This affects ignition timing which can affect the way the car will run.

Code P0015 relates to the camshaft position as well, but more specifically indicates that the timing in the engine is "over retarded" which also means slowed down. This can happen for many reasons when the engine’s computer senses something that it needs to correct timing for in order to maintain proper running conditions for the engine.

Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose any issues from these codes for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.