Q: Ls1 won't start just clicks. New battery, alt, and starter

i have an ls1 89 camaro. The car was running great yesterday, i went to a friends house and when i left the car wouldnt start. It sounded like it was going to turn over one time then it just started clicking. the starter is good, battery is good and the alt is good. I put on a different starter I had, I went to start the car and it turned, but did not actually start. After that one turn over it proceeded to clicking again

A: If you have a good battery and starter, the...

If you have a good battery and starter, the clicking is from battery not getting enough power to the starter. This is caused by the battery cables not making good contact to the battery or the starter. Also, check the negative cable connection at the engine to see if they are loose or corroded. Clean or tighten the cables as needed.

If you do not see a problem, then the cable inside of the cover may be bad and not visibly showing any problems. A voltage drop test needs to be done to the cables to see if the drop across the cable being tested is in excess of 1 volt. If it is, then replace the cable. If you need assistance with these tests and checks, contact a certified mechanic who can fix your starting issue.