Q: Keep having to replace my wheels bearings, getting annoyed

I drive a 2010 Ford Focus that, in it’s roughly 80,000 miles on the road, has managed to go through more wheel bearings than tires! The tires become a problem as well after they get out of alignment. This causes vibrating to start and if you don’t catch it, then it will wobble other wheel bearings loose. I just had another one go yesterday and now have to replace it before I drive the car again. What can be done to stop this car from going through wheel bearings so quickly?

The Ford Focus has had wheel bearing issues for many years and apparently they are continuing to be a problem on later models. The bearings used are sealed bearings and can only be replaced. Ford had recalls on some early models, such as the 2002 Focus, but hasn’t had any since then. The only fix is to replace the bearings as they fail, and have them checked at every tire rotation. From what I’ve seen, the aftermarket bearings seem to last longer than the factory ones. You can have YourMechanic check your bearings to see if they are in need of replacement. If so, then YourMechanic can perform the service for you.