Q: Stabilitrak & traction control service message with reduced engine power

Stabilitrak and traction control needs Servicing with the message of reduced engine power have to turn off and restart engine to get it to full power but message reappears after a few minutes & engine light is on

It sounds like your traction control system may have some faults in it such as a faulty control module or potentially faulty wheel or angle sensors. The traction control system works by reducing engine speed and determining which wheel to apply brake pressure to in order to prevent the vehicle from sliding in adverse weather conditions. The computer uses information received from electronic sensors regarding the rotational speed of each wheel, the horizontal motion of the vehicle, and the vertical motion of the vehicle to determine how to direct the traction control system or the anti-lock braking system to best control the vehicle when needed. When this warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues such as faulty wheel speed sensors, a faulty steering angle sensor, a faulty rotational speed sensor or a problem with the steering rack. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your traction control system.

3. Stabilitrak & traction control service message with reduced engine power