Q: Car is squealing but not when a/c is off, no power when pressing on gas, hesitates to get fuel & has horrible gas mileage& more

asked by on May 10, 2017

My car only squeals sometimes but will stop if i turn the A/C off. When i press on the gas it doesnt have power to go, it will eventually just randomly speed up after not having power. I need to know if it may be serpentine belt (squealing & what not), throttle position sensor (for the lack of power) or if i just got a tune up with new spark plugs id be okay. I just bought this car a few days ago & nothing was wrong with it when i test drove it. I should get good gas mileage but i have only drove almost 200 miles. Not even that much. Ive drove it to work 3 times. (started with a full tank) & im almost on E. Can spark plugs fix most of the issue when it comes to gas & power? I know the squealing is from a belt i just dont know whats making it happen. I will be pressing a lot on gas & it doesnt accelerate til minutes later. I do need to adjust my timing since my car idles & shakes when its in gear not when in park. I just need to talk on phone for advice. Theres multiple problems

Car is getting worse gas mileage Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. I think your best bet is to have one of our professional mechanics come to your location and complete a car is getting poor gas mileage inspection. This will allow them to inspect your fuel system and ignition system to determine what components might be contributing to your issue. The squealing noise is either a drive / serpentine belt, or AC belt, as the older 90’s Nissan’s had a separate belt for the AC pump.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr