Q: Loose axle nuts wheels

I just rotated my tires myself and saw that my front wheel hubs were loose. The dealership found that the axle nuts had come loose. But they didn't do anything. They mentioned to me that this isn't the first time they've seen a Versa Note with loose axle nuts. Luckily it didn't affect my steering or at least it wasn't noticeable. I have a about 20,500 on it. What are your thoughts and suggestions on this matter?

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 2014 Nissan Versa Note. Loose axle nuts can become a serious problem. When the axle nut is loose it allows the wheel bearing to shift back and forth which can cause damage and cause the wheel bearing to fail. When the axle nut is installed properly it is staked so it cannot come back off, though it could still become loose. The vehicle should not be driven until the axle nut is secured and torqued to factory specifications. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this issue and can replace the wheel bearing, or make any other adjustments, as necessary.