Q: Parking Brake?

Can worn or broke parking brake shoes cause a clicking sound at low speeds around 10 mph? It only does it at low speeds and once you get over 15 mph it stops. I've had others say it could be worn parking brake shoes or the adjuster. (Note that I recently had the rear brakes and rotors done but not the parking brake shoes.) I know it's time for them to be replaced but was curious about the clicking noise.

The rear parking brake shoes may be causing the clicking inside the new rotors. If the parking brakes are dragging a little. You may have rear brake pads or front brake pads moving inside the caliper bracket. It could also be from the pad anti-rattle clips being put in wrong and slight warpage in the rotors. If you want to have the issue identified firsthand, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the clicking noise you’re experiencing.