Q: My car alarm does not work, the remote won't turn the alarm off

My car remote won't activate or deactivate my car alarm, I have to manually open the car with the key. The thing is my car wont turn on unless I unlock it with the remote, when I do press the button nothing seems to work, I have changed the battery on the remote already. Need help urgently please

Hi, thanks for writing in. This could be one of two issues: a weak battery in your key fob or a faulty key fob as a whole. I would recommend changing the battery in the fob and see if the alarm function works properly. You can find key fob batteries at your local auto parts store. If this is not the issue, I would order a new remote. Another common issue I have found is that when a key fob gets wet, over time the internals will corrode. Sometimes you can take apart your key fob and remove the corrosion with a small wire brush.

3. My car alarm does not work, the remote won't turn the alarm off