Q: Replaced rear seal and now I Only have first gear and my speedamater don't work.

asked by on March 17, 2017

Replaced rear seal now I only have first gear and my speedamater isn't working what might be the problem how do I fix

If you replaced the tail shaft seal behind the yoke and had to remove the driveshaft, then it is possible that the transmission vehicle speed sensor VSS is not installed correctly or the harness has been damaged. This will make the speedometer not work and could cause the computer to shut off the electronics to the transmission to put it into limp mode. Check the VSS and harness for any misalignment and for the harness to have any broken or loose wires. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.