Q: AC not working

The AC is not working. It looks like the compressor is not engaging.

A: An AC compressor not engaging is usually th...

An AC compressor not engaging is usually the result of one of four different reasons.

• The A/C belt has broken
  • There is no electrical power to the A/C compressor
  • Third there is low or no refrigerant in the A/C system
  • The compressor itself has seized

One step you can take on your own, is to open the hood with the engine off and visually inspect the A/C belt. If there is one present, then the problem is elsewhere. Since we are dealing with refrigerant, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and diagnose why your A/C is not working. They will have the experience and specialty tools needed to diagnose and service your A/C system. They will quickly be able to determine if you are simply low on refrigerant, have an electrical issue or need to replace the AC compressor due to failure. They will also have the equipment needed to safely discharge and recharge your AC system and get your A/C system blowing cold again.